According to the reports of National Sporting Goods Association, the golf players spend around $6 million every year on purchasing golf equipment and accessories like clubs, golf balls, shoes, carts and such. Apparently the game might appear to be simple, but to play the game one is required to develop apt golfing skills to play the game perfectly. The following are some golf grip tips that would help you to play the game efficiently. Source.
If the game of golf interests you, you should be informed that the game requires immense patience and consistency. Though commonly popular among the elite as a pastime game, golf can turn out to be quite addictive for players, a soul searching game. There are about 13000 golf courses in US itself and the game is gradually earning popularity among the youths, especially after the inspirational and sensational golfing stints of Tiger Woods.
Before dealing with the golf grip tips, let us first find out the importance of right grip in the game of golf.
• It helps to reduce the golf slice tendencies.
• It keeps the head of the club square at the point of impact and the shaft from turning into the hands.
• A proper grip influences the perfection of the swing.
Important Golf Grip Tips
• Grip the top part of your golf club with your right hand. Let your left hand hang from the shoulder trying to hold the club in a natural way. Align the hand slightly inwards towards your body.
• Then shift the hanging position of the hand slightly forward and place it on the club grip. Hold it in such a way that the rod stretches along your hand diagonally downwards right from your fleshy palm.
The diagonal alignment should ideally be around 6 mm base of the little finger to the mid of your middle finger.
• Then, gradually grip the shaft with the fingers of your hand. Make sure that your gripping is neither too tight nor too loose. Hold the golf club with a firmness with which you hold a toothpaste tube. Do not hold the club that tight which can squeeze the paste out from its tube.
• Place the thumb on top of the grip slightly inclined towards the right from the center. Though to get a good grip many golfers tend to extend the position of the thumb little downwards but it actually counter results in improper support of the club during the time of back swing.
• Gently change the original position of the right hand and make use of this hand and its index finger as the trigger of the grip. Place the little finger of your right hand in between the spaces formed by the first and the second fingers of your left. Before hitting the ball make sure that the right hand palm acts like a mirror of the angle of the face of the golf club.
Remember to keep your arms relaxed and fingers held safely. Get a club at home in order to practice gripping for few minutes every day.